Children’s Services Overview
To support social and economic development by investing in and supporting an affordable, accessible, and accountable child care system benefiting children, their parents, caregivers and the broader community.
Child care services strive to:
- Create a comprehensive, consistent child care system that supports investment in the early years as the foundation for a healthy future.
- Stabilize the child care sector as an integral player in the economic and social health of a community.
- Focus on child and family with emphasis on what is in the best interest of the child and family.
- Ensure children experience safe, nurturing and stimulating environments.
- Establish quality assurance measures that foster and enhance healthy early childhood development for lifelong learning.
- Promote an inclusive climate for children with special needs and exceptional circumstances.
- Foster dynamic services that are responsive to all cultures and respectful of diversity.
- Co-ordinate, collaborate and co-operate with all community partners and stakeholders.
- Maintain a high level of accountability to children, parents, families, community and Ministry.
NOSDA members subsidize over 17,000 spaces in the Early Learning System.